Assistant Board Manager
Project Solutions Inc. – Rapid City, South Dakota
Are you interested in working for a company who is passionate about its customers? A company that lives by its values and nurtures its employees? Then Project Solutions, Inc. (PSI) is the company for you.
PSI supports a dynamic, collaborative work environment and embraces challenging projects while ensuring client success. We are a vibrant organization that believes integrity, value, and outstanding service are the foundations of a great company. As a PSI team member, you will have access to the resources you need, such as experience, leadership, excellent client relationships - which all help to further your career. We encourage you to learn more about the opportunities and rewards a career with PSI can offer you.
PSI was founded in 2000 by Sandy Burns as an engineering and business consulting firm that works with government, private industry and non-profit organizations. Our company has expanded into 19 states as well as several international locations. We are currently interviewing candidates to fill a variety of positions and encourage you to checkout our website for a complete listing of open positions.
Project Solutions, Inc.
Job Title: Assistant Board Manager
Employment Category: Full Time or Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Rapid City, SD (part-time) or Bismarck, ND (full-time)
The Assistant Board Manager will provide a variety of services, including professional board management and consultants for small businesses. These projects may be related to state or federal contracts, non-profit agencies or committees and/or minority outreach services.
Essential skills include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people in a variety of methods.
- Must have high attention to details and grammar skills.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Proficiency using the Internet to research information.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to follow and comply with detailed instructions.
- Effectively plan, organize workload and schedule time to meet the demands of the position.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with PSI staff, board members and staff, legislative leaders and other government agencies.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Abide by the PSI policies, procedures, and structure.
- Attend meetings, events and other functions as required.
- Advance personal educational development by attending training sessions and seminars as appropriate.
Each of the project will have a variety of requirements. The actual duties and responsibilities on the assigned projects may include but is not limited to:
- Manages logistics for Board meetings (booking rooms, ordering refreshments, coordinating with offsite admin and tech support, public notices if needed).
- Compiles and formats materials as needed for Board meetings
- Acts as liaison between the Board, other key stakeholders and PSI.
- Comply with open meeting requirements.
- Maintains corporate records and documents of the board (board onboarding, recruiting, invitation letters, meeting records, and other key communications).
- Assist, process and maintain applications, licensure information and continuing education credits.
- Assist, receive and monitor telephone, fax, email, website and mail in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and track invoice and payments, expense coding, providing guidance to accounting team, and credit card reconciliation.
- Supports the Chief Financial Officer drafting financial reporting, budgets and projections.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of internal controls and support year-end audit.
- Supports orderly documentation of finances, operations, and personnel records.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements, progress reports and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Financial review of project, including expenditures, anticipated costs, payroll and billings.
- Knowledge and experience with proper bookkeeping practices, QuickBooks, payroll, and account reconciliations.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
Legislation and Policy
- Assist with promulgating Administrative Rules thorough an administrative rulemaking process.
- Update and/or implement an association office policy manual based on processes.
- Attend periodic meetings with key project personnel and to discuss and resolve matters such as work progress, expectations and obligations.
- Assist with developing and tracking legislation impacting the association.
- Associates degree preferred; other education and experience considered.
- A minimum of two years of experience in project management, legal or administrative management work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end.
- Strong technical skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Gmail.
This position operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Position operates during regular business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Limited travel is expected for this position and will be scheduled with advanced notice.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of management experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Associate?