Small Business Coordinator
Employment Category: Full-time
Pay: $45,000- DOE
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Contract Coordinator will assist the Project Manager in meeting contract deliverables and requirements. This position will be expected to maintain a high level of management for contracts. This will include: oversight of contract processes, administration, and document management. The Contract Coordinator will collaborate with various divisions of the organization by providing support and advisory functions.
- Provide small business counseling and resource connection to assist the development of small business owners throughout the Midwest.
- Coordinate the daily activities for the various federal state and tribal contracts through communications, outreach, and activity tracking of entrepreneurs that utilize the services.
- Support development of project plans and reports.
- Coordinate training programs and workshops.
- Participate in networking and community events with potential small businesses and partners, to increase program visibility
- Manage logistics for board meetings
- Serve as a liaison between the non-profit boards, key stakeholders and organization
- Assist, process and maintain applications, licensure information and continuing education credits.
- Assist, receive and monitor telephone, fax, email, website and mail in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Provides general administrative assistance including preparation of mailings, photocopying, ordering of supplies, etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers and contract clientele
- Schedule, record and facilitate meetings/webinars/training minutes and distribution of recorded materials.
Essential skills include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate with varying levels of professionals in a variety of methods.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite Preferred.
- Well honed, confidential administrative support background: minimum five (5) years of experience in a high-level administrative role
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, independent judgement, discretion and initiative
- Strong conflict resolution skills: courteous, professional, friendly, empathetic, level-headed and composed
- Must possess excellent business-writing skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents in English
- Ability to become an advocate for the DBE programs following the company, and programs mission and vision
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, with an elevated level of initiative, and enthusiasm
- Ability to establish clear objectives, and achieve deadlines, while obtaining high attention to detail
Effectively plan, organize workload and schedule time to meet the demands of the position.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with federal, state, local, tribal and nonprofit members.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Abide by the company policies, procedures, and structure.
- Attend meetings, events and other functions as required.
- Advance personal educational development by attending training sessions and seminars as appropriate.
- Coordinates and performs front office support, phone inquiries, and scheduling of appointments while serving as a reliable source of information to other PSI departments.
- Provides general assistance including preparation of mailings, photocopying, ordering of supplies, etc.
- Scheduling and recording of meeting/webinar/training minutes and distribution.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the executive administration.
- A minimum of two years of college; other education and experience considered.
- A minimum of five years of experience in administrative, or coordination experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Highly motivated and capable of seeing tasks and assignments through from beginning to end.
- Strong technical skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Gmail.
This position operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones. Some field work may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm. Position operates during regular business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some overnight, in state travel is expected for this position. Advanced notice will be given. Travel costs will be paid by employer.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin or disability.
We are an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Location Requirement: Located within 25 miles of Bismarck, North Dakota