Small Business Coordinator
|Rapid City, South Dakota
Small Business Coordinator
Project Solutions Inc. – Rapid City, South Dakota
The Small Business Coordinator will provide a critical support role working with several Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) contracts for Project Solutions Inc. This position will be required to coordinate and implement the objectives of the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, which include:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of federal-aid contracts
- Create a level playing field on which DBE’s can compete fairly for federal-aid contracts
- Ensure that the Department’s DBE program is narrowly tailored
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBE’s
- Help remove barriers to participation of DBE’s in federal-aid contracts
- Assist in the development of firms so that they can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program
The Small Business Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing and integrating PSI Core Values into daily procedures, including: Expertise, quality, integrity, reliability, and accountability.
- Provides general assistance including preparation of mailings, photocopying, ordering of supplies, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling and recording meetings/webinars/training minutes and distributing the recorded materials.
- Responsible for providing business counseling and resource connection to assist the development of small business owners throughout the Midwest.
- Required to coordinate the daily activities for the Midwest DBE’s through communications, outreach, and activity tracking of entrepreneurs that utilize the services, or qualify for DBE services.
- Responsible for supporting development of project plans and reports.
- Responsible for coordinating Entrepreneurship Training Programs and workshops throughout the Midwest region.
- Responsible for participating in networking and community events with potential small businesses and partners, to increase program visibility
- Responsible for developing a resource network of referral sources to help connect DBE participants in development and growth.
- Knowledge of good business practices
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to network and outreach
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural, ethnic, and economic diversity
- Ability to establish clear objectives, and achieve deadlines, while obtaining high attention to detail
- Ability to become an advocate for the DBE programs following the company, and program’s mission and vision
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, with a high level of initiative, and enthusiasm
We are an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Associates degree and two (2) years’ relevant experience, or qualified equivalent combination of education/ experience.
- Prefer experience working with SDDOT, NDDOT, WYDOT, and NDOT
- Prefer experience working with non-profit organizations or government agencies