|Location:||Calhoun County, Michigan|
The Construction Inspector will support the Project Management Team by providing monitoring services for the duration of project activity.
The Construction Inspecter Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for executing and integrating PSI Core Values into daily procedures, including: Expertise, quality, integrity, reliability, and accountability.
· Perform and record basic and rudimentary measurements of construction activities and quantities for work, such as: excavations, embankments, backfilling, areas, unit sizes, lengths, widths, depths, thickness, angles, etc., through the use of field equipment and other tools.
· Monitor and document all project related activities such as: drilling, grouting, excavation, grading, compaction, backfilling, testing, sampling, site restoration, etc.
· Document preconstruction, ongoing construction and post construction site conditions via narrative reports, photographs and videography.
Verify that work is carried out safely in accordance with the plans and specifications.
· Verify that the construction contractor obtains and abides by all applicable permits, regulations, ordinances, etc.
· Excellent analytical and research skills
· Problem solving capabilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in both a team environment, as well as independently
· Proficient in computer software such as MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Primavera P-6.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience construction inspection experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-Time