Project Solutions, Inc. (PSI) is a fast-growing engineering company that provides top quality construction services and Quality Assurance for government agencies throughout the US. We hire experienced engineers and professionals looking for intermittent and full-time project based work.
Full- time Inspections Requirements
We are seeking construction inspectors for, hydro, high-voltage electrical, and mechanical projects on several construction, remodel and renovation facilities and structures in this region. if you have at least 5 years of recent construction, substation, or transmission line inspection experience, preferably on federal projects, you are encouraged to apply.
Full-time inspection services Experience/Special Knowledge
The Inspectors shall:
: 10 –years or more experience in substation construction, this shall include both energized and de-energized yards;
: 5-years or more experience in transmission line construction of 69-kV or higher;
: 5-years or more experience in general heavy construction i.e. earth work, buildings, concrete, etc
• Possess a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in construction and inspecting industrial civil and building infrastructure projects;
· Experience with Hot Line Orders, dispatching switching, tagging, and clearance procedures within transmission and distribution systems.
• Possess working knowledge of safe construction work practices and recognize safety as a top priority; • Possess a working knowledge and have the ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply applicable OSHA regulations;
• Possess experience in attending preconstruction meetings identifying project scope of work, construction contractor scheduling requirements, progress reporting, safety requirements, and special work permit/switching/clearance requirements;
• Possess knowledge of construction project scheduling, work methods, and construction two inspectors in each impression general in the review were located materials utilized in substation facility projects;
• Possess experience reviewing Job Hazard Analyses (JHA), monitoring safety meetings and safe work practices, and monitoring compliance with site specific safety plans;
• Possess experience with fall prevention and the use of fall protection;
• Possess good oral and written communications skills;
• Be willing to work as part of a team including other contractors and Federal personnel, and Western Area Power Administration’s on-site construction representatives;
• Be capable of determining when work practices or conditions would require “Stop Work” order when construction contractor is in “imminent danger” as defined by OSHA Construction Industry Regulations;
• Be capable of reading, interpreting, understanding, and working under the requirements of Special Work Permits when issued;
• Be capable of observing, maintaining records, and preparing reports on construction contractor progress, compliance and/or noncompliance, work performance and quantities verification, and provide progress payment recommendations;
• Be capable of preparing “as-built” drawings from contract drawings and specifications as project progresses for submission at project completion;
• Be capable of coordinating with construction contractor, WAPA, and keep Construction Office Manager and/or designee informed of project progress;
• Have the ability to read, understand and interpret construction drawings and specifications that include, but not limited to: civil, electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural, and geological;
• Be capable of driving to project locations; and
• Be certified to perform CPR, administer First Aid, and use an AED.
It is advantageous and preferred that the Inspector be familiar with (a) Western Area Power Administration’s Construction Standards and Drawings and safety standards, and (b) Government construction contracts. It is also preferred the inspector be familiar with the power industry and applicable electrical equipment that will be installed with the project.
· Inspector shall have construction experience working on one or more of the following; transmission line, civil works, buildings, substations, commercial and industrial civil works projects to include, but not limited to: grading, excavation, reinforced concrete structures, buildings, structural steel, welding, HVAC, plumbing, high voltage equipment, grounding and switching, asphalt concrete paving, and building electrical.
· Inspector shall have surveying experience and be capable of verifying the accuracy of site grades and elevations.
· Inspector shall have thorough knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 Construction Industry Regulations requirements, NESC, NEC, and applicable building codes
We are an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
To Apply please visit http://opencats.projectsolutionsinc.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=showAll, and send resume's to firstname.lastname@example.org