Position Details: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator-Clovis NM
Position: Wastewater Treatment Operator
Employment Category: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Certification: Level II, III or IV New Mexico Wastewater Certification
PSI is currently seeking a Wastewater Treatment Operator who would be responsible for overseeing the operations and maintenance of the industrial wastewater treatment plant to ensure the safe, efficient and economical treatment of wastewater. This position will execute the policies and assignments received from corporate management, compliance requirements defined by state & federal regulating agencies, and plant management. To be successful, the Wastewater Operator requires a high degree of independent judgment in accomplishing the work and developing continuous improvement programs.
Essential skills include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assigned treatment plant rounds; inspect, monitor, troubleshoot, performance test and document plant processes.
- Operate and adjust treatment plant pumps, motors, feeders and other equipment to maintain appropriate plant operations.
- Maintain, compile and update plant operations logs and reports; perform and record mathematical calculations related to plant operational activities.
- Mix and add treatment chemicals; ensure adequate chemical application according to regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain, repair, modify, troubleshoot, and service plant operations machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, motors, meters, tanks, reservoirs, and feeders.
- Collect and document samples and perform a variety of routine wastewater laboratory tests; laboratory vendors; monitor laboratory results; collect wastewater samples as required.
- Perform general plant facility maintenance such as cleaning, painting, and repairing plant facilities; perform various grounds maintenance duties as required.
- Effectively plan, organize workload and schedule time to meet the demands of the position.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with PSI staff and onsite staff.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Abide by the PSI policies, procedures, and structure.
- Attend meetings, events and other functions as required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Qualified applicant must be able to pass a background check in order to access Cannon Air Force Base
- Qualified applicant MUST have a current certification for Wastewater Treatment Systems Operator, level II, III or IV for New Mexico.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment used in the wastewater treatment process.
- Ability to perform, analyze, and interpret laboratory tests for the purpose of making operational adjustments.
- Knowledge of the mechanical, biological, and chemical processes involved in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the operation, maintenance, inspection, repair, and installation of wastewater treatment plant components.
- Must be able to climb ladders, regularly lift weights up to 50 pounds, and work in a physically demanding environment.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, and drug test.
- Minimum Class 1 New Mexico Wastewater Certification
Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis, New Mexico
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Position operates during regular business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work/call back time may be required as job duties demand.
Limited travel may be required. Advanced notice will be provided.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.